- On receipt of a written complaint where no Complaint Form is submitted, the Complainant shall have 14 working days to submit same;
- When mediation is offered both parties to the dispute have 10 working days to respond.
- After confirmation from this office that mediation is not going ahead the following timelines indicates the average time per case:
- Assignment of Complaint to Investigator may take up to 6-8 weeks.
- Once assigned an investigator shall draw up a ‘Summary for Complaint’ which the Provider must respond to. The Provider has 20 working days in which to submit its response.
- Once the response is received it is sent to the Complainant for comment. The Complainant have 10 working days to revert to this office. The Complainant’s response, if any is exchanged with the Provider and it in turn has 5 days to response to same.
- Generally the investigative process takes around 35-45 working days to take into account administrative duties, time for post and any delays which maybe in occurred.
- Once the full exchange is complete a Finding should issue shortly thereafter
It should be noted that all timeframes are guidelines. This office has the discretion to grant time extensions if required on the request of either the Complainant or the Provider. Each Party will be given every reasonable opportunity to make such submission or observation as required.
These timelines are intended to be guidelines only and your case may take longer or shorter depending on the complexity of the case, the case load in the office and the extent of the submissions from both parties to the dispute.